Information about a Connecticut law:
Direct Access to a Physical Therapis
In 2006, the Connecticut State legislature passed a law allowing Connecticut consumers to be evaluated and treated by a licensed Physical Therapist WITHOUT first seeing a physician for a referral.
Benefits from Direct Access
- Quicker access to treatment
- Can save you money and/or time
- Black Rock Physical Therapy’s 60 minute session allows for a thorough evaluation
Limits to Direct Access
- Patients must be referred to a licensed health care provider for a diagnosis if they do not improve in 6 Physical Therapy treatments or 30 days, whichever comes first.
- Medicare and Worker’s Compensation patients DO need a referral.
We value the relationship we have with our patients and their physicians. We will continue to foster this relationship by notifying a patient’s physician of our evaluation findings and providing updates on the care plan as needed.
YOU CAN CHOOSE
Many people think their physician or insurance company determines where they go for Physical Therapy.
The choice is YOURS
While your physician may be more familiar with the therapists at their office, the facility may not be as convenient or already be familiar with YOU.
Choose a Physical Therapy facility that’s near when you live or work or a Physical Therapist that you’re already familiar with - it will increase your compliance and speed your recovery.